Come join Women in Language!
This weekend, the annual online Women in Language conference is back!
Day one is halfway underway as I write this post and it’s been amazing already.
Women in Language is an online conference with livestreams of women around the world talking about all things language learning. The live chats are engaging, the speakers are fascinating, and the things you learn will stay with you forever.
We’re only half a day in and we’ve laughed and cried together. The talks today are about heritage languages, various levels of bilingualism, how to teach children multiple languages, accent acquisition and finding your voice in another language.
People might say "I am so sad my parents never taught me their home language" but no one has said "I wish my parents never taught me their language" 🌏— Lindie Botes | 린디 • 琳迪 • リンコ (@lindiebee) September 17, 2020
On raising multilingual kids, by Gabriela Simmons at #WomenInLanguage
It's not too late for a ticket
If you haven’t gotten a ticket yet, don’t worry – it’s not too late!
– All of the talks will be available FOREVER, so you can access today’s talks and all the new ones whenever you want
– There are still 3 days left of fascinating language talks from women of all ages and backgrounds in the language community
– Men are absolutely welcome to join!
Get your ticket here for live access to the speeches & chats, language exchange sessions!
Inspirational quotes from the conference
People might say “I am so sad my parents never taught me their home language” but no one has said “I wish my parents never taught me their language”
There are things you can only feel in certain languages.
– Desta Haile
– Desta Haile
1. Awesome women & gender non-binary folks talking about their experiences and language learning methods? CHECK.
2. Fascinating talks to learn from? YOU BET
3. Tips and stories from experts? YEP!
4. Language exchange speakeasy sessions? WOOHOO
5. Open to anyone? YES!
You can also see the schedule for the next few days here.
See you there!
We are kicking off at Women in Language 2020 in just half an hour!— womeninlanguage (@womeninlanguage) September 17, 2020
Here's the full conference schedule. Our speakers @estherciganda @Timtimtombooks @DialectsNow Lucrezia Oddon and panelists Marissa and @langthrumus are looking forward to presenting to you today. pic.twitter.com/Bi2s0hcQwA