With 2019 around the corner, it’s time to sort out our lives for a fresh start. Have you been consistent in using a bullet journal or planner this year? I used 3 planners this year – each book is for 4 months. It was a great feeling to finish one and start afresh in another one! For this new year, I’m going a lot more minimal and simple with my planner.
Here are things I have in my planner:
- Goals for the year
- Categorized into faith, interpersonal, personal, health, languages and work
- Mood tracker for the year
- An arrow pointing up for a good day, straight line for an average day, and down arrow for a bad day
- Language log for each month
- I’ve selected a few languages to focus on. Each language is indicated by a color dot, and next to it I’ll indicate with a symbol whether that day was passive or active studying. I haven’t made this a year view because on one day I can learn more than one language, so it makes sense to do it monthly because there’s more space on the page.
- Habit tracker for each month
- Using symbols to indicate to myself what the habits are 🙂
- Monthly overview
- A simple calendar, with 15 days on the left of a line and 16 days on the right of a line.
- Weekly spreads
- Bible verses for each month
- Gratitude log for each month
- YouTube subscriber graph
Here’s a video of my journal-making process!
I’m using color very minimally – color for meaning.
Pink is used for things like the days of the week (next to the dates in black), or a small crown on 100,000 subscribers on YouTube, heh. Each language also has a color, as mentioned above.
What I like about having your own planner that you create is the fluidity and openness to change. If I am not happy with my weekly spread one week, I have total freedom to change it the next week! Here’s my weekly spread for the first week of January. Usually, I like to have a full page a day, but we’ll see how this goes!
If you’re a journaler or blogger who’s interested in bujos, please let me know in the comments so we can connect!
Happy new year in advance!